The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by kimbo Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:59 am

I am really hoping that we hear some takeover news soon, as the Lambert debates running into a 3rd season is already a bit soul destroying Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Personally if/when a takeover happens, I think (like with many takeovers) that Lambert will get a couple of months, if only out of courtesy. It's rare for incoming owners to shove the manager out the door immediately. That doesn't mean they won't have someone lined up and results, attendances, atmosphere will all play a part in how quickly changes are made.

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:02 pm

TheEgo wrote:Personally if/when a takeover happens, I think (like with many takeovers) that Lambert will get a couple of months, if only out of courtesy. It's rare for incoming owners to shove the manager out the door immediately. That doesn't mean they won't have someone lined up and results, attendances, atmosphere will all play a part in how quickly changes are made.

I concur. Hughes, Ranieri etc
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 pm

TheEgo wrote:Personally if/when a takeover happens, I think (like with many takeovers) that Lambert will get a couple of months, if only out of courtesy. It's rare for incoming owners to shove the manager out the door immediately. That doesn't mean they won't have someone lined up and results, attendances, atmosphere will all play a part in how quickly changes are made.

there may be a chance that randy has an agreement with new owners that they give lambert the season,just a thought

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:08 pm

jimbop wrote:

there may be a chance that randy has an agreement with new owners that they give lambert the season,just a thought

Not a chance in hell - randy wouldn't risk losing a £200m deal by insisting a new owner keep lambert - they'd tell him to get stuffed - it's their call.
As lambert said - no loyalty in football !
Let me hold the door for you paul as you depart cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by phil__ Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Lambert will last a few months if the new owners do come in then as soon as we hit bad form he will be gone. A lot of other managers could have got more out of the players weve had the last 2 years. When he came in he said we would always have a go but i cant remember the last time i watched a game at villa park when we were really battering a team against the holte. We showed what we can do in the first half against hull but second half we sat back again. Its his disliking to wingers which drives me mad everyone at villa park can see we need width but him
phil__

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Eastie wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Not a chance in hell - randy wouldn't risk losing a £200m deal by insisting a new owner keep lambert - they'd tell him to get stuffed - it's their call.

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 pm

Eastie wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Where did I mention Randy? Name me a takeover in recent times where the manager has been fired straight away? Fulham no Cardiff no Liverpool no Man city no. I'd be shocked if they announce a deal and say, oh by the way, we're bringing in x y or z nowt to do with Lerner. Often seen as courtesy to the existing manager. I'm not talking ages, 5 to 8 games.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Lambert IMO is anti football, its reactive football, too scared to lose rather than brave enough to go for a win !
He should of gone after failing to beat Bradford City over two games TBH ! 🤦
VillaBill
VillaBill

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Eastie wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Where did I mention Randy? Name me a takeover in recent times where the manager has been fired straight away? Fulham no Cardiff no Liverpool no Man city no. I'd be shocked if they announce a deal and say, oh by the way, we're bringing in x y or z nowt to do with Lerner. Often seen as courtesy to the existing manager. I'm not talking ages, 5 to 8 games.

You didn't mention randy ego.
Jimbop did under your post but he didn't press quote properly - the reply was to jimbop.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:18 pm

VillaBill wrote:Lambert IMO is anti football, its reactive football, too scared to lose rather than brave enough to go for a win !
He should of gone after failing to beat Bradford City over two games TBH ! 🤦

Yep I agree, that was the game/so where I first lost faith. He's turned into a Eck clone, all the things he said he wouldn't do he does. Not lost is his first priority. This villa job is too big for many. It comes with huge expectation and lambert has been like a rabbit in headlights at times.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Just a quick interruption to the chat. If you're on an iPad and you see that the screen has changed, we're aware of it and in the process of getting it sorted, if not as you were Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 pm

TheEgo wrote:Just a quick interruption to the chat. If you're on an iPad and you see that the screen has changed, we're aware of it and in the process of getting it sorted, if not as you were Very Happy

Patience ego , patience Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Eastie wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
Eastie wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Jimbop did under your post but he didn't press quote properly - the reply was to jimbop.

So he did, Jimbop how dare you Bash haha!! I didn't spot it, with these tiny fonts, I completely missed it. My apologies, definitely Jimbops fault Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:30 pm

The best start to a season since Gregory, and that from a team that just about stayed up last season with the addition of 7 mill investment. Sod the cups our target is to stay in the league until sold( cup success can come after the takeover ). If Benteke comes back firing on all cylinders then top six isn't impossible. Lambert lost his back room staff yet carried on, a new manager would want his own back room team and the promise of at least 40 mill a season on transfers and then complain when it isn't raised a further 20 mill. Lambert is a chairmans dream hence expect a new 5 year contract soon regardless of who's signing the cheques.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Eastie wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
Eastie wrote:
jimbop wrote:

So he did, Jimbop how dare you Bash haha!! I didn't spot it, with these tiny fonts, I completely missed it. My apologies, definitely Jimbops fault Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 1662365926

sorry lads Bash

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:The best start to a season since Gregory, and that from a team that just about stayed up last season with the addition of 7 mill investment. Sod the cups our target is to stay in the league until sold( cup success can come after the takeover ). If Benteke comes back firing on all cylinders then top six isn't impossible. Lambert lost his back room staff yet carried on, a new manager would want his own back room team and the promise of at least 40 mill a season on transfers and then complain when it isn't raised a further 20 mill. Lambert is a chairmans dream hence expect a new 5 year contract soon regardless of who's signing the cheques.

Nightmare scenario ! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 1420239857
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Coseley Villa Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:The best start to a season since Gregory, and that from a team that just about stayed up last season with the addition of 7 mill investment. Sod the cups our target is to stay in the league until sold( cup success can come after the takeover ). If Benteke comes back firing on all cylinders then top six isn't impossible. Lambert lost his back room staff yet carried on, a new manager would want his own back room team and the promise of at least 40 mill a season on transfers and then complain when it isn't raised a further 20 mill. Lambert is a chairmans dream hence expect a new 5 year contract soon regardless of who's signing the cheques.

well you have started drinking early this weekend !!
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:17 pm

VillaBill wrote:

Nightmare scenario ! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 1420239857
I think Lerner sees Lambert as an old pair of shoes.
common sense says get rid of, you can afford new ones and every ones telling you they look tatty yet you somehow feel emotionally attached.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Brilliant!! you're joking right? Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 2 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Ideal time to buy villa lamberts contract is up at the end of the year so give him this season
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:16 pm

if its Arison, Ellison or the Russian from Arsenal then I can imagine a new manager in the ilk of Mancini or Klinnsman coming in with a blank cheque and target of title wins etc but what if it isn't? lets say the new guy is worth similar to Lerner in wealth then hows the new manager interview going to go? hello Mr Mancini, I want you to manage my football which I have just bought for 190 million and finished near the bottom last season and I am willing to give you 30 million to spend on new players, oh and mind the wage spend. I think he will say no thanks!
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:if its Arison, Ellison or the Russian from Arsenal then I can imagine a new manager in the ilk of Mancini or Klinnsman coming in with a blank cheque and target of title wins etc but what if it isn't? lets say the new guy is worth similar to Lerner in wealth then hows the new manager interview going to go? hello Mr Mancini, I want you to manage my football which I have just bought for 190 million and finished near the bottom last season and I am willing to give you 30 million to spend on new players, oh and mind the wage spend. I think he will say no thanks!

Yep, until we know who buys us, we can't predict managers. I'd still say we could attract someone of better pedigree then lambert with a new owner and a savvy board and a decent budget
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:24 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:if its Arison, Ellison or the Russian from Arsenal then I can imagine a new manager in the ilk of Mancini or Klinnsman coming in with a blank cheque and target of title wins etc but what if it isn't? lets say the new guy is worth similar to Lerner in wealth then hows the new manager interview going to go? hello Mr Mancini, I want you to manage my football which I have just bought for 190 million and finished near the bottom last season and I am willing to give you 30 million to spend on new players, oh and mind the wage spend. I think he will say no thanks!

Yep, until we know who buys us, we can't predict managers. I'd still say we could attract someone of better pedigree then lambert with a new owner and a savvy board and a decent budget
David Moyes?
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:58 pm

For me, Moyes has demonstrated that he is a great manager for teams around the Europa qualification spot, but can't handle the CL level (yet). If the incoming owner has a top manager lined up then Lambert can can leave tout suite. If not, then I see no harm in giving him until January - I would expect Lerner to plead PL's case before the new owners as I believe he will be very loyal to Lambert as Lambert has been to him. Clearly, Lambert has benefited greatly from Lerner's situation and that is the only reason he still has the villa job. I think we are seeing Keane's influence in recent performances and there is no way I will give Lambert any credit for that.

This also tickled me, the irony is fantastic...

B62 Villa wrote:no one around me was sing Paul Lamberts name it was more of a mumble that went along with the tune of the chant.
CTVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next