The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

villa v Leyton Orient match thread

+36
The Great white walnut
Dek of Villa
Thinman
marcxc1983
Morpheus
UnclePanda
ember
COE1982
Mazrim
Fpuppys
Jo64
jd
lukevilla
jeffvilla
GadgetMan
ejs1111
villabromsgrove
switters
VillaBill
Wigteke
banneruk
roba19
De Kuip
mDigital
whiteensign
FoxyAV
My Old Man
mickeywya
Hornso
Trotters
Green Villan
USVillan
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
mefromhere
Villa_Dan
Jim
40 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: villa v Leyton Orient match thread

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 am

I just read this on soccernet:

Orient made six changes from their League One fixture at the weekend, one of which saw former Villa defender Shane Lowry come into the starting line up.

I bet he was taking the piss.
Trotters
Trotters

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: villa v Leyton Orient match thread

Post by lukevilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:09 am

mefromhere wrote:If this doesn't prove 4231 doesn't work to him then nothing will. Just doesn't allow enough creativity

Works fine for chelsea L'Arse  etc we just need better players instead of weimann etc.

Last edited by lukevilla on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
lukevilla

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:15 am

He didn't do anything. Nothing at all. That's the problem. Any kind of reaction would have been something. He had N'Zogbia Gabby and Delph on the bench and all he did was swap Cole for Weimann after an hour. I know they're not the best options going but this was against Leyton fucking Orient.

It just shows he has no ideas. There is very little semblance of a plan to begin with and nothing at all after that isn't working.
This is really the best that Aston Villa can conjure? Another inspid bow out of a competition we have a great history with to shite opposition at the first time of trying?

Randy if you're staying, sack him. If you're not staying, sack him and then fuck off with yourself.
Mazrim
Mazrim

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kevpants Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:15 am

Such over reactions. So Bent wastes gilt edged opportunities, along with a few others, and we get caught late. Embarrassing for the players involved but its not really a big worry. This was a few backup players opportunity to stake a claim and they fluffed it, Grealish excepted. We don't have great depth but with the Vlaar, Delph, Benteke spine we're not bad.
kevpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:17 am

No need for words. Just pin this to his office door...

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 1339426725154_9146065
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:21 am

kevpants wrote:Such over reactions. So Bent wastes gilt edged opportunities, along with a few others, and we get caught late. Embarrassing for the players involved but its not really a big worry. This was a few backup players opportunity to stake a claim and they fluffed it, Grealish excepted. We don't have great depth but with the Vlaar, Delph, Benteke spine we're not bad.

You could put it down to an overreaction if it happened once. You could put a case forward that it's an overreaction the second time. It'd be a bit of a stretch to say fans are overreacting if it happened a third time.

This is the fourth.

It's not an overreaction. In fact, if anything, it's an underreaction because we are so numb to it all. It's half expected. That's the Lambert effect right there. Expect something much less than mediocrity and if you actually achieve mediocrity once in a while, it's something to be celebrated.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:23 am

Trotters wrote:
kevpants wrote:Such over reactions. So Bent wastes gilt edged opportunities, along with a few others, and we get caught late. Embarrassing for the players involved but its not really a big worry. This was a few backup players opportunity to stake a claim and they fluffed it, Grealish excepted. We don't have great depth but with the Vlaar, Delph, Benteke spine we're not bad.

You could put it down to an overreaction if it happened once. You could put a case forward that it's an overreaction the second time. It'd be a bit of a stretch to say fans are overreacting if it happened a third time.

This is the fourth.

It's not an overreaction. In fact, if anything, it's an underreaction because we are so numb to it all. It's half expected. That's the Lambert effect right there. Expect something much less than mediocrity and if you actually achieve mediocrity once in a while, it's something to be celebrated.

Add to the above that Orient played a lot of reserves. Ouch! Bash
villabromsgrove

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 am

That's right. So saying that it's ok because that's our second string side, is moot.

A few injuries and suspension during the season and we won't be able to compete at all. That's what this result clearly shows.

The manager is utterly clueless when it comes to putting eleven players on the pitch that are significantly better players than the opposition and obtaining a result.

Look at the names on our team sheet and explain to me why they can't beat Orient. Because I don't understand.

Just what the fuck goes on at BMH during the week?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 am

It seems that whichever players Lambert has at his disposal, and however humble the opposition is he always manages to return to his default position …. an embarrassing loss. It's not bad luck, it's incompetence.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:47 am

Exactly. Once is maybe bad luck. Twice is careless.

I said at the start of the season that, given his stunningly shit managerial performance at Villa, Lambert will have to string some amazing results together just to get the same level of acknowledgement that any other manager would get for one good result.

And things like this will undo any amount of good work.

Lose this weekend with the horror fixture list we have coming up and the reaction of the fans will be nasty. And, come the end of October, I expect the atmosphere at VP to be absolutely horrid.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:50 am

Overreactions? Really? We've had years of this bullshit. Just when are we entitled to be a bit miffed with it all. Its not overreacting at all.
I appreciate the attempt to stay positive but I think you're having a laugh to be honest.
Mazrim
Mazrim

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:52 am

It's got to the point where I hope we draw big clubs in the Cups just so we avoid a humiliating exit twice a season.
Hornso
Hornso

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:55 am

One shot on target in three games, and that was lucky. It won't change, Lambert is our of his depth.
My Old Man
My Old Man

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:15 am

Not trying to support Lambert with this, but...it's been 2 shots OUT OF 30 on target.

It's not Lambert's fault these guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. The entire squad is out of it's depth, thanks to a bargain basement owner who doesn't care. 7 million pounds in a window, when squads at the low end of the table spend almost twice as much on one player. Not Lambert's fault Villa can't compete financially with moneybag clubs the likes of Stoke, Hull, and Southampton.

Randy Lerner's an absolute joke.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:45 am

I just made it home to Hampshire, I'm glad I spent £17 on a ticket at the ground earlier to find I'd been put in a seat with a restricted view. I upped and sat higher in the stand, on one of the many seats without a restricted view. I shouldn't have bothered!

On the plus side I think MOTM is a toss up between Hutton and Grealish. The latter needs to get a bit more stuck in though. And pull his socks up.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:55 am

Apparently, some journalist is putting it about that we tried to attack Lambert lol.

All that were there witnessed that was not the case. I hope this is not bullshit spread by the club to defend their useless manager, because when the police come calling tomorrow...it will be the club in court, not me.

What is the law about slander BTW?

And a message to these idiots. I have known more Players and managers of this great club, and all of them will admit that I have never once tried to attack them...so do your worse, Lerner you prick.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:46 am

My Old Man wrote:Apparently, some journalist is putting it about that we tried to attack Lambert lol.

All that were there witnessed that was not the case. I hope this is not bullshit spread by the club to defend their useless manager, because when the police come calling tomorrow...it will be the club in court, not me.

If it was printed then the defamatory act would be classed as libel! Much easier to prove cheers
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:23 am

My Old Man wrote:Apparently, some journalist is putting it about that we tried to attack Lambert lol.

And a message to these idiots. I have known more Players and managers of this great club, and all of them will admit that I have never once tried to attack them...so do your worse, Lerner you prick.

All I could see was some fans voicing their opinions (albeit quite passionate) and the stewards getting heavy handed yet again.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:24 am

Complete & utter yawnfest, Fcuk off Lambert !villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 1715320296
VillaBill
VillaBill

villa v Leyton Orient match thread  - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:05 am

Paul Lambert was left ruing missed chances after seeing his side knocked out of the Capital One Cup by League One Leyton Orient.

Lambert was gutted to see his team defeated 1-0 but he felt the claret and B-Lose, for the second game running, were lacking that finishing edge to their play.

The boss said the vital thing now was bouncing back on Sunday against Hull.

He said: "We had enough chances there to win two games, let alone one.

"We never took them.

"We had a lot of chances. Nathan maybe should have done better with his header.

"But when you don't take chances in football, things like that can happen.

"With Shay's save, that was a warning sign. We never took heed of it and right at the death they scored.

"But it should have never got that far. We should have finished it off.

"I was really disappointed to get knocked out. I don't think anyone wants to lose a football game, let alone a cup game.

"You take it tonight and you go back into training tomorrow and you prepare for the Hull game.

"The important thing is you have to bounce back. We have a massive game on Sunday.

"We've made a really good start in the Barclays Premier League. If we can win on Sunday then we take seven points out of nine points. That's your aim.

"Hopefully one or two of the lads who have been carrying knocks will be fine too."

Lambert was at least heartened by the performance of 18-year-old wingman Jack Grealish, who made his first senior start in B6.

He added: "I thought he did well.

"He's only 18-years-old. He's playing without fear and doing things that are really good. I think he had a good game. He's doing well."

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:12 am

I saw something going on with the fan pointing and shouting at Lambert. The stewards pulled him away, he broke free and then had another go. That's when the 4 stewards took him away.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by kevpants Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:12 am

Premiership teams who are at the level where relegation is a concern, like us, get knocked out of the league cup by minnows every year. This is not a massive surprise or outrage, I'll get plenty outraged I'd we get spanked by Hull though.
kevpants

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:53 am

kevpants wrote:Premiership teams who are at the level where relegation is a concern, like us, get knocked out of the league cup by minnows every year. This is not a massive surprise or outrage, I'll get plenty outraged I'd we get spanked by Hull though.

No offence mate, but this IMO is totally wrong, ask any fan what their best memory of a football game is & I guess maybe 95% would be related to a cup game , we should be outraged we have been knocked out of a cup , especially with us being at home & especially with the opposition being two leagues lower than us !
Football should be about trophies !
Oh & Fcuk off Lambert too !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:06 am

kevpants wrote:Premiership teams who are at the level where relegation is a concern, like us, get knocked out of the league cup by minnows every year. This is not a massive surprise or outrage, I'll get plenty outraged I'd we get spanked by Hull though.

Don't really understand this as Hull are a premiership side fighting against relegation, same as us according to you, so why do we have a divine right or expectation to beat them?

Quite honestly last night was not a surprise by any stretch of the imagination but you just hope that something might change down at Villa Park because its stagnant and stinks!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 am

I agree Villa Bill, the best time I had with Villa was at Wembley. Ok we didn't win but the road to Wembley was something special. My son and myself have special memories of the time we went to Wembley to see our beloved Villa play. We have lost something along the way, the belief that we can do and win anything. The spectacle I saw last night was pitiful. We support the team its about time  the club supported the fans. We will be here well after any manager, any player, any owner and any CEO. We need investment we need a striker and we need to get the belief back that I had when my son and I went to Wembley. 🤦
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next