The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Up the mods

+12
De Kuip
erdingtonb24
My Old Man
villashrew
Wigteke
Fpuppys
Olof Mellberg
Mr_Spadge
Trotters
gdav
GadgetMan
Andyh
16 posters

Go down

Up the mods Empty Up the mods

Post by Andyh Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Firstly, if this is not the right place for this message, then apologies.....please move or delete as necessary.

Right, I have been a member of this site for some time now, and am starting to look around the stuff that has been set up on here.

I have discovered :-

A competition with a great prize.
There is a real time chat room during matches (when I'm not at the game of course)
A magazine (flipboard) that is actually pretty bloody good.
And of course the forum.

There is obviously a lot of work and effort going into this site. A forum on its own is good but these extras really enhance the site and make it really different from others.

So I just wanted to say to the mods/FF's ...great work, it's really appreciated.

cheers 

Andyh
Andyh

Up the mods 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Up the mods Empty Re: Up the mods

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks mate - always nice to hear good feedback - we have a small but great bunch of people here and some great friendly banter and debate - we will strive to drive the site forward and we do this because we love the club .

We all do the job without pay, we provide the flipboard free and have paid to have adverts removed from the site - the prize for the prediction league is a cracker and we are delighted with the direction the site has gone in recent weeks - thank you all !

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Cheers Andyh really nice words and very much appreciated. We all do this as we love our club and want a great forum we can build on with great members, we've got this far (some brilliant work by Trotters, Eastie and PDC) and we will continue to grow and add features we think will benefit our members. We get nothing out of this, no advertisement (in fact quite the opposite, money was paid to keep adverts off the site) we all put a lot of time into it as we're invested. Your comments make it worthwhile. Thank you
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Up the mods 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Just to add to the above - the job done on twitter by Theego has been superb in building the membership and updating people .

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Totally agree. Been plenty of highs & lows since I've been a member but it's all been entertaining.
Great forum, well done to all involved.
gdav
gdav

Up the mods 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:56 pm

gdav wrote:Totally agree. Been plenty of highs & lows since I've been a member but it's all been entertaining.
Great forum, well done to all involved.

Do you take a cheque Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Bank transfers only
gdav
gdav

Up the mods 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:05 pm

:)

Thanks, lads!
Trotters
Trotters

Up the mods 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Agree completely, love the site.
Mr_Spadge

Up the mods 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:00 pm

Andyh wrote:Firstly, if this is not the right place for this message, then apologies.....please move or delete as necessary.

Right, I have been a member of this site for some time now, and am starting to look around the stuff that has been set up on here.

I have discovered :-

A competition  with a great prize.
There is a real time chat room during matches (when I'm not at the game of course)
A magazine (flipboard) that is actually pretty bloody good.
And of course the forum.

There is obviously a lot of work and effort going into this site. A forum on its own is good but these extras really enhance the site and make it really different from others.

So I just wanted to say to the mods/FF's ...great work, it's really appreciated.

cheers 

+1 High time the mods were praised for the efforts and time they dedicate to this site, all the little things that they add to make it stand out, competitions, prizes and other intuitive ideas they have implemented, not to mention always been willing to pass on info they have heard in good faith, even if it turns out to be false, their intentions are for the best for the Villa fans, cant argue with the hope and optimism they give Very Happy which we all need to be fair bounce 

Even if they must feel they are running a creche at times looking after us lot  Razz 
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Up the mods 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Agree with all the above and a big thank you from me  Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

Must also add that TBAR is the only forum that you can freely express yourself without the Mods jumping on your back (sounds rude, but you get my drift).

Well done lads and as said before very much appreciated by all i'm sure.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Up the mods 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Very kind words and very much appreciated by us all. You guys aren't too shabby either  cheers 
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Up the mods 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Ive only been a member 2 months but have to say really enjoy my time posting on here  :) everyone is allowed an opinion and more importantly the Mods are great  8)
Wigteke
Wigteke

Up the mods 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:30 pm

I would just like to second the original post. Excellent site with intelligent debate done in a respectful manner.
villashrew
villashrew

Up the mods 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Second home for me. Love the place and the people on it, and its nice not having MODS jumping on everything that might be a little OTT but stamping out abuse.

Your made to feel a part of the place which is cool.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Up the mods 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by erdingtonb24 Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:10 pm

This is a great site quality not quantity,no following the same old stale club fed agenda ,no cliques no bullies above all no self appointed experts keep it up lads.ps rough day today but well worth it great day yesterday.
erdingtonb24

Up the mods 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Yep, big thumbs up from me for TBAR and in particular the effort that goes into the site from the mods.
I have to say - and mods please take this in the spirit it's mentioned - I've seen mods on this site tell people to "do one" or occasionally have a go back and I tell you what I really like that. Being a mod doesn't mean you have to be a saint and I've been on other (non football) forums where there have been some right dicks having a go and the mods are overly non-confrontational and things get really bad before someone is banned off the site.

My feeling is that if you go onto a forum and act like a dick, there's no God-given right that you have in being allowed to say unreasonable things or actually to just be constantly negative or looking for a response all the time. I'm not talking about genuinely opposing views - thank heavens there are some otherwise there'd be no debate. Ever met people in real life who say "Yeah, I like to be the grit in the oyster, just to stimulate debate"? I invariably treat those people with the contempt they deserve, cos they most often turn out to be right tossers - problem is the internet is full of em.

I have to say that on this site things can get tense on rare occasions and often the mods let it run - a good thing as apart from one or two super-rare times, people actually sort it out themselves and say "sorry chum, my mistake", or "let's agree to disagree". No nanny state here.

Having said all of the above (in case anyone thinks there's a load of bickering on here, which there ain't) I'd just like to say that it's a pleasure to be on this site, way the best out there IMHO, and although I tend to lurk more than post, I still really enjoy the info/banter, and you know what - I love a bit of gossip, so if anyone comes out with some "info" -  saying honestly "I've been told this and it's got legs, although might not happen", well that's good enough for me, I'll not castigate someone for doing their best in getting some info out there.

Phew! I was only going to say +1 for me too, then I got all carried away!  :face:
De Kuip
De Kuip

Up the mods 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Kind words indeed - thanks :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:20 am

Great site, lots of good work gone into the site,TBAR and villa chat excellent . I have been on a small holiday in Barcelona, found a Irish pub for the match tomorrow . Keep up the good work.
Army villain
Army villain

Up the mods 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:57 am

I just love Barcelona!

We'll have the chat box open for the match which is a bit easier to contribute to with live action going on. Feel free to join us.
Trotters
Trotters

Up the mods 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:58 am

Yep good job all, now about that takeover.........
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Up the mods 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:06 am

Yea great site, I used another Villa site for about 8 years but got a bit bored of the "know-it-all one-man dictatorship style. This site is a lot better.
mickeywya

Up the mods 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:16 am

The founding fathers got the ball rolling …. the mods strive to give posters the freedom and space to express themselves without being hassled …. but it's the posters who are now starting to shape TBAR. We've got a good bunch of mates dropping into the site on a regular basis, and there's some good banter going on. So big up you posters!
villabromsgrove

Up the mods 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:39 pm

I'll echo VB's words. You guys are really helping to get a great atmosphere on here, so yeah a big  Up the mods 3769219917 to our posters, old and new.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Up the mods 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down